Kadaknath chicken: Kadaknath chicken is a special variety of Chicken that originated from Jhabua (Madhya Pradesh, India) and gained popularity when recenly approved by government of India for trade and consumption.
Why is Kadaknath chicken so expensive & popular ?
The Kadaknath chicken can be termed as a living supplement as this breed is highly rich in proteins and vitamins that make it prominent among chicken and body lovers. Kadaknath Chicken can be even consumed by heart patients and sugar patients that makes it special and increases its demand and cost.
- kadaknath chicken farming
- How to start Kadaknath poultry farming business ?
kadaknath chicken farming
What makes it special to start kadaknath poultry farming business ?
This question usually arrives in people’s mind that “there are 19 breeds of chickens available in india, then why only chicken farming business ?”
India is the most populated country in the world after China, and more than 70 % of people consume chicken. Amongst them approx 10% of people are heart patients or have other diseases in which chicken consumption is not allowed, And here Kadaknath chicken comes as a solution for these people. Apart from being full of supplements, it is very beneficial for such people.
Kadaknath poultry farming future scope
Since its approval by the government of India in 2018, this business is gaining much popularity and demand in the Indian market and kadaknath chicken is related to health conscious people, this system will be most probably boom in the upcoming years.
As this business is somewhat new in the Indian market as well as a foreign market, this is the exact time to grab this opportunity and kick start the Kadaknath chicken farming business. Just build your customer base right and build assets to grab the foreign market.
If you are still in doubt regarding future scope of this business, you might not have heard about the Former Indian Cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, starting the kadaknath farming business. If a such successful person is launching the same business.
How to start Kadaknath poultry farming business ?
If you are curious to know about how to start Kadaknath chicken farming business, here are the full details to start kadaknath poultry farming –
- Before starting any business, you are required to be a good marketer who can grab and identify new audience,you must find the potential of the customer at your location because they will be the most essential customer at beginning. Afterwards you may hire a marketing team for promotion
- First of all you are required to register your business as company or proprietorship. For initial, proprietorship is good and less expensive and you are the idmenity of the company.
- Assets : Based on the capacity of chicks, you must have sufficient land for poultry farming ,at least 800 sq feet to scale the business in future. Apart from the land you are required to have proper structure for Feeding room, poultry shed and other equipments required for kadaknath poultry farming.
- A lot of money is required and you may apply for mudra loan for requirement of investment.
Investment cost & Profit margin for Kadaknath poultry farming
Investment also depends on the capacity of chicks, it will cost around The starting cost of Kadaknath Poultry farming usually differs from the number of birds you want to start with. if you wish to start with 1 days Chicken, the per bird cost start from 20 to 30 rs. If you move to a Chicken of 7 days it will cost around 70 to 80 rs per bird.
Let’s suppose, you start with 100 Chickens of 1 day , it will cost around 2500 rs along with additional shipping and other charges.
For birds of 7 days, you have to pay Around 7500 rs to 8000 rs + other costs,Lets say it’s 8500.
In feeding your possible charges are around 1 rs per day per bird. this will be the cost of starting with 100 birds.
The total investment required for the complete growth of the bird is around 300 rs to 400 rs.
if we include this amount and per bird purchasing amount, the total will be 370 to 480 rs.now after this, your question will be how can we get the profit.
kadaknath egg laying capacity : One Kadaknath can give you around 100 to 110 eggs in their life span
Kadaknath Chicken farming profit per chicken
Kadaknath chicken profit margin is defined in two ways:
EGG+ CHICKEN Meat : One Kadaknath can give you around 100 to 110 eggs in their life span and the sale cost per egg is around 25–40 rs. So if you sell the eggs, you can possibly earn 2500- 4000 and chicken cost per kg is around 700rs, so on average, you can get 1200 to 1500 per chicken.
Where to sell Kadaknath Chicken in Bulk
Kadaknath contract farming companies :
Many companies in India as well as other countries offer contract farming for kadaknath poultry farming business, for this you must have proper structure of poultry farming like Feed room, Poultry shed and proper equipments. Herte is the list of some companies that are offering Contract farming for kadaknath business:
- Sri Lakshmi Saraswathi Poultries- Pedapadu Mandal, Eluru.
- Rooster Agro Services-Jawaharnagar, Kolhapur.
- V & V Farm-Nayapura, Kota
- M/s Astha Feed Center-Six Mile, Guwahati
- PushpkAyurdhan Farm-Shrirampur
- SRI ENTERPRISES-Anantapur, Tirupati
- Amrut Chicks Private Limited-Sangamner
- Green Go Comercio-Hongasandra, Bengaluru
- Maruthi Enterprises-Anantapur
- Golden Enterprises-PT Rajan Road, Madurai
- Gagana Farms-Amberpet, Hyderabad
- Tharun Poultry Farm-Anantapur
- BhullerKadaknath Farm-Uula, Faridkot
- Mahalakshmi Dairy Farm-Ram Nagar, Karnal
- KB Livestock Farm-Omalur, Salem
- Yuva Poultry Wholesaler-Manikonda, Anantapur
- KS Live Stock Farm-Thethigiripatty, Salem
- Meera AgroFarmsSayaal, Nanded.
- Renuka Poultry-Aurangabad
Is Kadaknath farming profitable?
One Kadaknath can give you around 100 to 110 eggs in their life span and the sale cost per egg is around 25–40 rs. So if you sell the eggs, you can possibly earn 2500- 4000 and chicken cost per kg is around 700rs, so on average, you can get 1200 to 1500 per chicken.
Why is Kadaknath chicken so expensive?
Kadaknath Chicken can be even consumed by heart patients and sugar patients that makes it special and increases its demand and cost. Apart from this the ratio of purchased chicks and grown chicken is very high.
Is eating black chicken safe?
Definitely yes, if it is a Kadaknath chicken, it’s often suggested by doctors for heart patients and diabetes patients. It’s the most expensive yet beneficial chicken available in the market.
How can I start a poultry farm in India?
1. Identify the local market and potential of customers
2. Prepare the blueprint of the business
3.Arrange the assets
4.Prepare a marketing funnel
5.Setup the Farm structure
6.Deliver the quality